view more images
Rane Serato SL3 Scratch Live
Rane & Serato Have Re-Engineered The Scratch Live Box W/Aux Ins/Outs, Beefier Preamps, New 24-bit Audio Converters!
- Like the world standard Rane SL 1, the SL 3 connects one or two standard vinyl or CD turntables to your computer and the mixer of your choice. Using regular turntables or CD players, you can scratch and mix files from your Mac or Windows computer’s CD or hard drive.
- Enhanced by studio grade preamps and 24-bit audio processing, this compact new solution produces a warm punchy sound to heighten the senses. The Auxiliary Ouputs allow DJs and electronic musicians to intensify the mix with the Scratch Live SP-6 Sample Player. The Auxiliary Inputs provide a live input feed for creative sampling or recording your set. Use any combination of audio sources: control CD, control vinyl, MIDI or regular CDs and vinyl for more ?exibility than ever.
- The included 12" vinyl records and control CDs each have Serato’s exclusive and unique control signal which allows Scratch Live to track the motion of the record, simulating the same movement with digital audio. Due to Serato’s proprietary control scheme, the result is a feel and sound indistinguishable from playing vinyl.
Rane SL 3 Enhancements
- New compact hardware design.
- USB 2.0 high speed audio interface.
- Improved dynamic range (104 dB).
- Improved audio performance (24-bit converters).
- Higher output improves ability to easily match levels of various source types.
- Galvanic isolation prevents computer noise from interfering with audio path.
- Aux Input for Live Mix Recording or LiveFeed.
- Aux Output allows use of the Sample Player as a Virtual Deck.
- Aux Output opens the door for future expansion and creative con?gurations for DJs and electronic musicians.
- High-grade phono preamps upgrade the performance of most mixers.
- Software switchable Direct Thru connections for simplicity.
- Independent Line / Phono-level selection for each input for greater ?exibility.
- Includes international power supply to insure optimum performance and easy transfer between DJs.
- Soft carry case included.
What's In The Box:
- 1 SL 3 Interface
- 1 Soft Carry Case
- 1 Serato Scratch Live Software Install Disc.
- 1 External Universal Power Supply with Country Adaptors.
- 1 USB Cable
- 4 Stereo RCA Cables
- 2 Control CDs
- 2 Control Vinyl Records
- 4 Rubber Feet for the SL 3
- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1 Operators Manual
- 1 Warranty Card
- A DJ mixer with at least 2 channels
- At least one turntable or CD player
- Computer with available USB 2.0 port
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Hard drive space for storing music
- 1 GB RAM
- Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
- G4 / 1 GHz
- Pentium 4 / 1.5 GHz
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, or Vista with Service Pack 1 or higher.
- Note that we recommend Windows XP over Vista for performance reasons. By using XP, you can havea lower latency (for a better vinyl feel) and better performance in general.
- Please note: this is the minimum requirement to run Scratch Live. We recommend you use a higher spec computer, and particularly if you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.